Diploma in hotel management teaches students the skills to effectively manage different responsibilities such as reception and concierge services, restaurant and bar functions, administration, management and marketing. Managing a hotel requires knowledge and skills within a wide variety of fields. This is why educations in hotel management can be so diverse and interesting. Many students find hotel management to be a rewarding and challenging diploma program and a qualification that will provide employment opportunities across the globe.The one/two years Diploma in Hotel Management programme offers a management development program providing broad based hospitality background recommended by practicing hospitality professionals. The curriculum ideally offers students with opportunity to learn hospitality operations and is a ground to develop future leaders in the Hotel & Service industry.
Role & Job Description:
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality
industry with a huge growth potential in the near
future.The demand for hotel management professionals is
already huge and is expected to grow more with the
increasing number of hotels being set up in India and
all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in
hotel management has become lucrative and exciting,
attracting more and more students to opt for it.
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for Diploma hotel management with the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Personal Attributes Required
Candidates need to be hardworking and should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to handle disputes or criticism with patience. He/she should be co-operative ,polite and respectful towards guests in all situations.
- 10th/12th or equivalent Qualification from a recognized board.
- Students age should be under 18 to 27 years..
- Front Office Operations
- Hotel Housekeeping
- Food & Beverage Service
- Food Microbiology and Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Tourism and Tourism Products
- Food & Beverage Service Operations
- Food & Beverage Production
- Hotel Engineering
- Basics of Computers
- Communication & Soft Skills
Skills Required for this position
Core Skills/ Generic Skills
- Writing Skills
- Reading Skills
- Oral Communication (Listening and Speaking skills)
- Decision Making
- Plan and Organise
- Customer Centricity
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self employment (as an entrepreneur)